The Isle of Purbeck Sub-Aqua Club, IPSAC, was formed in 1988 by a group of Divers who were previously members of the oldest diving school in the UK, Divers Down of Swanage.When the commercial interests of Divers Down were sold in 1988, this group took the BSAC number and carried it on as a BSAC Diving Club, branch 1058, and the Isle of Purbeck Sub-Aqua Club was born.
The membership currently stands at approximately 55 diving members with varying interests, including the Historical Diving Society, Marine Conservation and Underwater Photography.
The club assists with the Durlston Marine Parks Coastwatch, Seasearch and Hydrophone projects and shows a keen interest in all local community projects concerned with the sea.
Divers are kept in touch with events through a regular newsletter and the editor welcomes articles from members on any diving related subjects.
Benefits of joining IPSAC
· Use of the club’s RIB
· Friendly Members
· Club Holidays both in UK and abroad.
· Winter pool sessions
· Low cost membership
· A wealth of diving experience
· Regular Newsletter and Website.
Typical Summer Timetable
· Monday evenings, shore/boat dive and BBQ at Kimmeridge
· Tuesday daytime diving (mostly during school summer holidays.
· Wednesday & Thursday evening, boat dives from Swanage Pier and/or Kimmeridge.
· RIB available for diving or pleasure use at other times
· Social evenings, BBQs
Typical Winter Timetable
· Saturday night pool sessions, October to April at the Purbeck Sports Centre pool, Wareham. (General swimming, testing of gear, Club & Sports Diver training etc. Family and friends welcome to enjoy a swim)
· Week-end shore or hard boat dives, weather permitting
· Social evenings, skittles, quiz nights, underwater picture shows
· Christmas Dinner (members and guests)
· AGM in September.
If you are interested in joining us as an experienced diver or a beginner, or just want more information use this e-mail link to our Club Chairman, Chris..